Saturday, August 9, 2008

Short and Sweet

I thought that I ought to give a brief update on my mom. The surgery went well yesterday - no surprises. The doctor removed the lower left lobe of her lung and the surrounding lymph nodes. He said that the pathology results would be in (hopefully) by Tuesday. These tests will determine if the cancer cells have spread outside of the spot on her lung. She is still in CVICU (not sure what the CV stands for), but was sitting up (sort of) in a recliner tonight. She was awake most of the day today and able to enjoy several visitors. Hopefully she will be moved to a room tomorrow if she continues to recover well.

I will keep you posted between hospital visits. Keep up the prayers!

1 comment:

The First Lady said...

I am lifting your mom {and entire family} up in prayer. I know you are surrounded by people willing to help at any moment...and I'm one of them! Know you are thought of, prayed for, and loved.