Thursday, August 7, 2008

Mamma Mia! Here I go again . . .

Words cannot express how overwhelmed I am tonight! My mom's surgery is tomorrow morning and, in preperation, she sent out a blanket text to all of her friends inviting them to an impromptu girls' night out. The text read, "Mamma Mia, 5:15 Thursday night at Star Village". (Yes, we "Smith" girls really did love the movie THAT much!) When I showed up, there were three rows of supporters there, and we were the only ones in the theater . . . Isn't God great!?! He gave us a private viewing so that we could laugh and sing together . . . and for an hour and a half forget about the worry of what lies ahead. What amazing friends she has! Even the non musical lover (Who knew there was such a person?) showed up. It was wonderful! And just another reminder of what an awesome God we serve!

And although the past couple of days have been extremely emotional and at times completely overwhelming, I have been reminded time and time again the power of prayer and the amazing peace that comes with being surrounded by God's people. Thanks to all of you - near or far - I feel God's peace raining down on me with each prayer and encouraging word that you offer.

No comments: