Saturday, November 8, 2008

Twilight


I love to read. It is one of my favorite things to do when the laundry is done and the house is quiet. And that is the problem. When is the laundry EVER complete and the house quiet? So, finding the time to relax with a good book has been nearly impossible for the past several years. There was also the problem of the boycott after grad school. After putting my entire family through two and a half years of torture while I worked full time, had a new baby, and attended grad school, I swore off reading . . . anything. I was so sick of doing research and reading chapter after chapter in textbooks that I had lost my love of reading. Until now . . .

A couple of the teachers at my school kept talking about the Twilight series and how good the books were. I decided to give it a try. I figured that it would be perfect. Totally fiction . . . no deep meanings . . . just a story to read and enjoy. I finished the first book (all 500 pages) within a couple of days. In fact, I finished it on the way to meet up with the rest of my family who were spending the weekend at the lake camping. As soon as we were in the middle of nowhere, it was over and I tried to convince Brad to turn around and find a bookstore because I NEEDED the next book. I was hooked. I have now finished the fourth book, and the next day it was sad . . . I kept thinking to myself, "I don't have anything else to read now." Talk about addicting!

If you like to read, check it out . . . just don't say I didn't warn you! If you don't like to read, they are coming out with the movie this month. Of course, you never know what you are gonna get when someone in Hollywood takes a great book and tries to recreate it on the big screen. I'll let you know. A group of us from school are already making plans to go and see the movie when it comes out.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

That is awesome! I can't wait to read for pleasure again. Brandon is going to hate it though because I get so consumed by a book.....what do I want to read first??? hmmm

You and RandiAnn need to get together - she just sent me an email for some Shelfari book club thing - sounds pretty cool! I will tell her to send it to you. I am not really sure how it works though. :)

realitymomma said...

I want to read for pleasure so bad. I spend so much time reading 8th grade classics. They are great, but I want some "me" books....