Saturday, November 15, 2008

Beads, Baubles, and . . . Ammo?

A few friends and I went to a jewelry and bead expo today. There were aisles and aisles of beads, pendents, and pre-made jewelry. It was amazing and a bit overwhelming looking at all of the options and trying to decide which beads had the best potential. I came home with a bag full of choices and am looking forward to a beading party tonight so that I can throw a few things together.

The strangest thing was the expo across the hall from the bead extravaganza. It was a gun show. Apparently the bead people and the gun people have it all figured out. They can book their shows at the same time to provide fun for the whole family.

It was just so WEIRD to be in a public place with people EVERYWHERE carrying all kinds of guns. People must come out of the woodworks for a gun show. There were no parking spaces available anywhere and a long line at the door of people waiting to get into that section. (And even the people waiting in line to get in were carrying guns.) Like I said - strange!

I admit . . . I don't get it. I can't imagine fighting that crowd to walk around and look at guns. Although, I am sure that one of them could be at home right now blogging about the amazing deal on ammo they found today at the gun show and the crazy women accross the hall at the redicoulous bead show.

4 comments:

The First Lady said...

That's so funny...Rob was at the gun show and thought it was crazy to have a "show just on beads and stuff". Perception is everything, huh;)

realitymomma said...

At least there's something for everyone....

Happy Mama said...

Sounds like a family event! Everyone is happy! You crack me up-

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.