Monday, October 20, 2008

Life Is Sweet . . .

Sometimes a little too sweet!

I'm not sure who the guilty party is who took the pictures. But they are out there, so I might as well share . . .


We had our Fall Festival at school last weekend and (for some reason) I thought that the pie in the face booth would be a better choice than the dunk tank. Looking back it may have not been the wisest decision that I ever made. When all was said and done I had whipped cream in every nook and cranny imaginable. In my ears . . . down my shirt . . . so far up my nose that the rest of the day all I could smell was that nasty sweet smell. I don't know if I will ever eat whipped cream again.

The carnival turned out great, though. We had a big turnout and the kids seemed to have a blast. And I must say that we have some teachers who are real troopers. They volunteered to have pies thrown in their faces and to sit in the dunk tank. Overall, I think it was a real success.

Brad's family also came into town for the weekend. The girls had a great time playing with Nathan and Daniel. And it was nice to get to spend time with Brad's dad, sister, and brother-in-law.

My mom was able to have her chemo treatment today. Her blood count is finally up and, hopefully, we will be able to see her sometime this week. It has been a long two weeks of seclusion and the kids and I are ready for a Mimi visit!

9 comments:

Michelle said...

That is hilarious! Glad everyone had such a good time - wish I would have been there!! :)

Aaron and Starla said...

Great picture. I wish I had known I had a chance to throw a pie in your face. The school could have made some money off of me! Haha!!!
Starla

Aubrey said...

Fun! Fun! Fun! I wish I'd have had a principal like you when I was in grade school!

The Smiths said...

I am so sorry we missed that, glad you posted the pictures!

homecooks said...

I am so sad. I missed the opportunity of a lifetime! Why didn't you tell me you were doing this? I could have brought all kinds of people to throw a pie at you. All for a good cause. How very disappointing!

Keely

realitymomma said...

you are brave. i volunteer for the cake walk! everyone needs mimi time. (that is what we call my mom too) glad things are going ok for her.

Joyce said...

As your mother, I'm actually glad that Keely didn't know about the pie in the face. I seem to remember that she is capable of doing some mean things to you!

homecooks said...

Hey, I am the nice one!

Keely

Unknown said...

Steve had me call the school and put the date for next years carnival on out calendar!
We love you.