Thursday, October 16, 2008

Much Ado About Nothing

Not much has been going on . . . actually, that's not entirely true . . . I guess that a whole lot has been going on, just not much to blog about. I feel like I have been running a race lately, yet somehow, no matter how hard I run, I can't seem to get anywhere. Work has been very busy. It seems like there is no catching up. Which is actually part of the reason that I love my job so much - there is never a dull moment. I actually spent a couple of days this week in Austin serving on a TAKS standards review committee. (For those of you who are non-educators, I'll just say that it was two very LONG and intense days looking at numbers and data to help make a recommendation to the Texas Education Agency as to some changes that need to be made.) It was both frustrating and informative at the same time. I didn't get home until Tuesday night in time to kiss the girls goodnight, unpack, and crash for the night.

Brad is still working crazy shifts. Honestly, I'm not sure when he is coming and going. It seems that as soon as I have it figured out, they change it for the next week. Needless to say, it hasn't helped the craziness of work and me being out of town. It is funny that I had to catch up on a little of what Brad has been up to by reading Matt and Keely's blog. If you are not a regular reader, it is worth checking out. The link is in my list of favorite blogs, and the post is titled "haircuts". It was quite entertaining!

Our school is having a fall festival this Saturday with hayrides, face painting, and even a dunking booth. Somehow I managed to avoid the dunking booth, but was convinced to participate in the pie in the face booth - can't wait! Hopefully there will NOT be pictures for me to post next week. Brad's family is also planning on coming down for a visit this weekend, so it will be crazy around here with all of our house guests and the carnival.

My mom is doing well. She has not been able to have her chemo treatments for the past two weeks, though, because her blood count was too low. Good news - no nausea, bad news - no exposure to germs, which means the rugrats and I are off limits (after all, I am around LOTS of germ carriers all day long). She and my dad were getting a bit of cabin fever this week, though, so they have actually packed up the trailer and gone camping for a few days.

Other than that, I have no real news. Life is good. God continues to amaze us daily as He works in our lives and through the people that he puts us in contact with. I feel blessed. Blessed to be a part of two precious little girls' lives. Blessed to have such an amazing husband who is a super dad and an amazing spiritual leader in our house. Blessed to have friends who have touched my life in so many unexpected ways. Blessed to have a great job that I love where I am able to impact the lives of children and adults in ways that I never expected. Blessed.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hang in there - you are a wonderful person and we are all so lucky to have in our lives - your are such an inspiration!

homecooks said...

Hey! Thanks for the advertisement!

I'm ready for you and Brad to slow down too. We never see you. (At least not together)

BTW: Guitar Hero 4 is out Sunday, Band practice is on!

Love you guys
K