Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Day at the Lake

Brad, the girls, and I spent the day yesterday at the lake with all of my family. We took the pontoon boat, and at one point the kids were able to get some serious tubing in. Well, serious tubing for my girls . . . probably not too thrilling for some of the seasoned water enthusiasts . . . the pontoon boat is great to fish off of and to casually cruise around the lake in. However, it lacks the "oomph" to really sling anyone around behind it. But, the kids seemed to have fun anyway. Surprisingly, we were actually able to convince Lily to get on for a few minutes. She screamed the entire time, though, and the other kids eventually voted her out.

It was nice to get away for the day. My mom has been pretty sick (nauseous) all week, but she finally felt "normal" again Friday. So, it was great for all of us to get out of town and spend time together relaxing and having fun. Chemo #2 is scheduled for tomorrow. So, we start another round of yucky days . . . pray for my mom.

1 comment:

Aaron and Starla said...

I am sad I missed all of the water fun. I am glad that Riley had such a good time!!

Starla