Sunday, September 14, 2008

This Could Be Dangerous!

I have always avoided scrapbooking (kinda like I used to avoid blogging). I figured that it was one of those things that the anal, obsessive side of me would get completely wrapped up in. I knew that it could easily become an expensive and overwhelming hobby, so I remained strong and steered clear of anything "scrapbooky". My family photos (sadly) are stuffed in photo albums, piled in boxes, downloaded onto the computer, or still stuck inside the digital camera. There are no fancy backgrounds or decorative cropped pictures. I have played it safe.

Until tonight.

The girls and Brad are sound asleep and I got bored. In order to avoid housework and laundry, I decided to check out digital scrapbooking. My sister-in-law is actually an avid scrapbooker and she and I have talked a few times about the many on-line options available. So, I thought that I would check it out. I went to scrapblog.com. I didn't spend too much time . . . I just wanted to give it a quick try to see what it could do. The results are below. It's pretty cool considering I only spent about 10 minutes putting it together. It could be dangerous, though . . . I already feel the need to gather up all of our family photos and start organizing them into some creatively designed scrapblog book . . . HELP!

6 comments:

The First Lady said...

Too cute! I'm still holding on to the "steer clear" part myself...wish me luck;)

Michelle said...

Oh man, I AM SO EXCITED!! :) Scrapbook retreats, here we come....

Aubrey said...

I am surprised to hear about you and scrapbooking in the same sentence!! There's a first for everything I guess! The pics were really cool. . . makes me want to check it out too. Hope school is going well! Miss you!!!!

Randi Ann said...

YEA!!! I am glad to hear that you started this adventure. It is great! Soon you will be going to retreats with Michelle and I...just wait! You say no now, but it is very addicting! Can't wait to see more scrapblogs. (I think I am going to check out that sight too!)

Joyce said...

Someone, please stop her now while there's still a chance!

Michelle said...

Oh no, there is no turning back now..... :)