Wednesday, July 2, 2008

And the winner is . . .


I spent the past five days in San Antonio at a technology conference with a few people from our school district. Overall it was an overwhelming experience. I typically consider myself somewhat computer savvy . . . I do know how to use my IPOD and I have figured out some of the features on my blackberry. But I had NO CLUE what all is actually out there. We had a good time, but for the most part were blown away by the available technology and lack of money to purchase any of it.

The most exciting news, though, is that while we were there we happened to walk by one of the thousands of vendor booths to watch a demonstration at the end of the day. After the demonstration, we added the product to one of the things that we would love to have but have no money to buy. Our demo rep convinced us to stick around for a few minutes, though, to enter a drawing (along with the hundreds of other people who had wondered through during the day) for one of ten prizes they were giving away as they wrapped up the first full day of the convention. So we stayed. They drew names and called people up to "reveal" the prize that they won . . . we sat and oohed and awed with the crowd. After 7 winners names were drawn, the girl beside me said, "I don't know why we're here. I never win anything." I agreed with her and picked up my phone to listen to a voicemail from Brad. That's when they called my name!

I actually won one of the BIG prizes. It is a free active board. (Like a computer merged with a dry erase marker board. Completely interactive.) They are too cool! Take a look at this video if you don't know what one is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIUci7bj6Og&feature=related . Anyway, I'm thrilled to be home. It was a great adventure, but I missed Brad and the girls tremendously!


3 comments:

The First Lady said...

I had to check it out. How cool is that? Congrats, you lucky gal!

homecooks said...

Can't believe we never saw you!
k

Aubrey said...

What luck! Good thing you didn't leave early! (I left comments on your other posts too. I'm finally home & trying to catch up on blogging.)