Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Friend Loves at all Times


This post is dedicated to the amazing friends that God has blessed us with. New friends who have become such a special part of our life this year . . . people who have surprised us with their compassion and with how quickly we have come to love their friendship. Old friends who have stuck with us through the good and the bad . . . the ones who are always there for us, no matter what, who open their doors and their hearts. They are raw and real, and they accept Brad and I as is.

This year more than ever, I want to take the time to express how thankful I am for each of you. It's been a rough year. It's hard to describe how cancer seems to affect every aspect of your life, but I think that it has. It is such a scary word. And although my mom is doing fairly well with the treatment process and her doctor assures us that when this is over she will be fine, it has still deeply impacted our family. Between nausea and low white blood counts, her interaction with us has been extremely limited. But my friends have really stepped in and been a tremendous support through it all. They have helped out with the girls, given me advice, and taken us in as family. I miss spending time with my mom and dad, but these friends have given us a place to feel like we belong, like we are one of their own. And for that, I will be forever grateful! So thanks Sheila, Jessica, De'Ana, Keely, and Donna! I love you all!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so thankful to be on your list. Make no mistake about it you are one of my own and we love every moment we get to be with your sweet family..... well......some of your family is sweet....most of your family is sweet.....some of the time.....some of your family is not so sweet.....some of the time.....
I love you all!!!!

Brad and Amy said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean! - Amy

homecooks said...

How sweet, you know I feel the same way about you. Your family is so precious to us. Thank you for letting us share in the journey.

Love you
Keely