Saturday, September 5, 2009

Back to School








The kids have been back in school for two weeks now, and so far it has been a pretty smooth transition. Grace is in the 3rd grade and it is Lily's last year in preschool. Life has been busy as we adjust to waking up early, packing lunches, doing homework, etc. Grace's teacher this year is Mrs. Crawford, who I have known since I was a little girl. She was actually the best friend of the older sister of one of my best friends . . . so we grew up together. She is a great teacher and I know that Grace is going to have a fabulous year in her room. Lily has the same teachers as last year in the preschool class and is actually back with most of the same kids. She seems really glad to be able to play with her friends again.
My principal, Paula, is back at work. She and her husband are home from the spinal cord rehab hospital in Colorado. (Well they are sort of home . . . their house isn't remodeled yet so they are staying in an extended stay hotel in the meantime.) It has been WONDERFUL to have her back again! Please continue to pray for Russell and Paula as they transition back into life at home. I know that they covet your prayers as they adjust to a "normal" life, including her being back at work. And pray for me - that I can continue to support her in whatever capacity necessary as we serve the students and teachers at our school.
Up next - Grace will start ballet in 2 weeks and Lily starts soccer practice this week. We spent the day running around town shopping for shin guards and ballet slippers . . . never a dull moment!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh, I can't wait to go to some soccer games and recitals!!!