Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Cut

For those of you who don't see me on a daily basis - you have missed out (obviously). Once upon a time I had really cute but short hair for several years while I chased two small people around, worked full time, and went back to school for my master's degree. It was sooooooo easy to take care of and fix, but very short - no ponytails! So, I decided to grow it out and do something different. It has been about a year and a half now and I had officially turned into Rosanna Rosanna Danna. (I told you that you had missed out.) Apparently over the years my hair has gotten a little more natural wave to it, so on days that I didn't feel like spending an hour drying it straight, it definitely had a life of its own. And as the day went on, and the humidity outside grew, so did the hair. Nice!

So, today I finally got a haircut! It was liberating! I don't feel like I have a mop sitting on top of my head anymore. Of course now I have to figure out how to fix it - it's never the same after they send you home to fix it on your own. But anything has to be better than long, thick, wavy, HOT hair!

I took Gracie and Lily with me to get theirs cut too - they were so excited. They both have shoulder length cuts now. I probably should have taken before and after pictures of all of us to add here . . . woulda made this post a little more meaningful probably . . . but that is what "good" mothers do, and we all know that I don't fit gracefully into that category. =) So, instead, here is a visual for you . . . enjoy!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I can't wait to see everyone's new haircut!!

realitymomma said...

well, we may not have seen the befores, but we are anxious to see the afters - post quickly!