Thursday, March 12, 2009

Calling All Prayer Warriors

Many of you know that I am an assistant principal at an elementary school. I love my job! I love the kids (most days) and the teachers (most days) and the principal (every day). She is amazing! She has been an incredible mentor and has quickly become a dear friend. I am here today to ask you, on her behalf, to pray.

Paula's husband, Russell, fell Monday afternoon while installing a canopy over playground equipment at an elementary school. He is in ICU with a neck injury. His spine was not severed, however, he has extensive swelling in the area which has resulted in paralysis from the neck down. At this time it is a waiting game. The doctors cannot tell the family when or if he will regain feeling.

So I ask you to pray. This family has been an inspiration to everyone around them this week. They are all hoping, praying, and believing in a miracle. Please join me in lifting them up.

If you want more information or to get updates, they have created a website http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/russelleagleton

1 comment:

Happy Mama said...

Amy, I am so sorry- this story is so sad. I pray that Russell is able to walk again or continue to serve in whatever capacity is there. Praying for that family and you! Crazy time of year at it's best. Hugs!